My latest obsession has become tacos. I eat them with pork, beef and veggies, but my favourite way of filling them is with this fish. Just add a tortilla, some fresh guacamole, sour cream and caramelised onions and voilà, heaven in a taco.
Makes 3 tacos
1 packet of cod (skinless if they sell it)
1 packet of haddock (same as above)
1 bunch of fresh parsley
1 handful of cherry tomatoes
small bunch of coriander (optional)
1. Open the packet of cod and sprinkle over each fillet some pepper and grate half of the lime's zest. Do the same for the haddock.
2. Place a drop of olive oil in a non stick pan on high heat. Add the first fish fillet and cook on both sides for a couple of minutes. Remove the fillet from the pan and place it in a big bowl. Place the second fillet in the pan and do the same, placing it in the same bowl after it is cooked. Repeat for all fish.
3. Once all the fish has been cooked, break it apart in the bowl using a spoon. Wash and dice the cherry tomatoes, and add them to the fish, Squeeze the lime over the fish and mix well.
4. Wash the parsley and coriander and place them into a tall glass. Using a pair of scissors cut down the herbs. Alternatively, you can do so on a chopping board. Add to the fish.
5. Mix everything together, taste to see if it needs more seasoning. Heat again in the pan just before eating.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver 'Mexican Fish Tacos'