I'll always cherish the memory of going to dinner to my Grandparent's house every Sunday for dinner and whenever they would ask me in advance what I wanted to eat, I always answered "polpette and roast potatoes". I'm a huge fan of potatoes in any shape or form and roasting them is one of the best ways to eat them in my opinion.
Serves 4 as a side dish
3 large potatoes
2 garlic cloves
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Wash and peel potatoes, cut them into small dices, about 1cm wide.
3. Place them in an over tray and add olive oil, rock salt, rosemary, pepper and two crushed garlic cloves.
4. Using your hands, mix the potatoes well so that they're completely coated.
5. Roast for 1 hour / 1 hour and 30 minutes, until they reach the desired crispness.
Tis the season for backyard barbecues with friends, and these grilled bell peppers are the best and simplest veggies to make to have with sausages, steaks or ribs.
3 bell peppers (any colour)
250g Greek feta
50g pine nuts
salt & pepper
1. Wash and cut into six slices the peppers.
2. Crumble the feta and spread evenly on the peppers.
3. Do the same with the pine nuts.
4. Place the topped peppers on a tray and cover evenly with olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. When the barbecue is heated enough, place the peppers on it and grill them till they are almost black on the bottom.
Or when the oven reaches 180 degrees place them in and cook until they are soft when poked with a fork.