Learning how to make pesto at home helped me survive university. I'm on a constant quest to try reproduce all the amazing things I eat at home here at uni and I've managed to make pesto successfully. The secret behind a good pesto is the quality and freshness of the basil. Hope this can help some of you!
Makes 1 jar
Things you'll need
1 pot of basil (250g)
200g olive oil
100g of parmigiano
150g pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
1. Blend the basil, garlic and pine nuts.
2. Start adding the olive oil gradually and keep on mixing.
3. When the pesto has become of the desired consistency stop pouring in oil.
4. Start adding the parmigiano and mix well as you do so.
5. Place in a jar and add a layer of olive oil, in order to seal the pesto.