For this amazing dish we must thank Jamie Oliver. Once again, he succeeds in taking a traditional dish (Carbonara) and giving it an unexpected, modern twist. The first time I made this dish my friend and I were having a competition. I was making Avocado Carbonara and she was making this. Needless to say this won!
Things you'll need
pot for pasta and peas
1 smoked bacon rasher
1 tablespoon almonds
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat pot with water for pasta.
2. In a separate pot, bring water to boil and throw in the peas for 30 seconds. Set aside.
3. Using a food processor, blend the almonds, peel and add the garlic, Parmigiano, basil leaves
and lemon juice. Blend.
4. Add the peas and blend to create a textured sauce.
5. Cut the bacon into dices and cook in a pan till crispy.
6. Whisk the egg and yoghurt together.
7. Drain the pasta, combine it first with the pea sauce and then with the yoghurt one.
8. Top with the bacon and pepper and serve.
original recipe source: Jamie Oliver Super Meals