I'm a huge risotto fanatic and this is one of my top 5 favourite as I love the contrast between the al dente risotto and the crunchy walnuts. Super easy to make and even tastier when sautéed in a pan for 5 minutes in each side to achieve a crunchy crust.
Things you'll need
deep pot for risotto
2 cups of arborio/carnaroli rice
1 small red onion
1 cup white wine
2l vegetable broth
2 cups cooked prawns
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Cut onions finely, place in a deep pan, add 10g of butter and sauté.
2. Meanwhile, bring the broth to boil.
3. When the onion has browned add the rice and toast it for a few minutes.
4. Pour in wine, mix and let it be absorbed.
5. When the wine has been absorbed pour in broth one ladle at the time, letting the broth almost completely absorb each time.
6. After 3 times of this add the prawns.
7. Repeat this action until the rice is al dente. Start adding the remaining butter and all the parmesan, whilst adding more broth so the risotto does not dry out.
8. Add the walnuts, assemble the plate and serve.