Pavlova is the perfect dessert for any meringue lover, especially because its so easy to make (whereas most meringue desserts and long and complex). It is very versatile, because you can top it with nearly everything. From mixed berries to chocolate flakes to tropical fruits.
200g fresh berries, washed
150ml whipping cream
2 dark chocolate cubes
1. Place the egg whites in a bowl and whisk at medium high until they form stiff peaks.
2. Gradually add the sugar and turn the whisk to maximum speed and mix till the meringue is glossy, white and smooth.
3. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and turn the oven onto 150 degrees. Now its up to you to decide whether you want to make one big cake (like the photography) or small "single portion" ones, which are easier to serve.
4. Place the meringue onto the paper in whichever size you prefer, making sure that if you make small ones there are far away from each other, otherwise they will end up fusing together.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 50 mins/ 1 hour, until they are golden and fluffy in the middle.
6. When they are ready, remove them from the oven and place them on a cooling rack to cool down completely.
7. In the meantime whisk the cream will it is properly whipped, add it on top of the meringue and top everything with the fresh berries and chocolate flakes. Don't wait too long to serve otherwise the meringue will go soggy.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver