My dear friend and housemate introduced me to this amazing cake of hers two years ago, which is exactly when I started paying for a dietician. It is perfection within a cake. It is the perfect dessert to be eaten as a cake for a special occasion or as cupcakes as a daily snack. The icing is delicious and pairs perfectly both taste wise and consistency wise with the cake.
Makes one 12-inch cake
375ml vegetable oil
12.5ml baking powder
125ml chopped nuts
10ml bicarbonate of soda
750ml grated carrots
1. Using an electric whisk, cream the oil and sugar
2. Beat in the eggs one at the time.
3. Fold in all the dry ingredients
4. Add the carrots and chopped nuts and mix well.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
For the Icing
500ml icing sugar
5ml vanilla extract
90g cottage cheese (Philadelphia)
1. Soften the butter and beat in the icing sugar.
2. Then add the cottage cheese and vanilla
Original Recipe by Chloe Harty