This amazing dessert originating from Piedmont, Italy, has been in my family for four generations. A very simple and easy to make summer dessert where the ingredients needed are very few. The melted chocolate pairs exquisitely with the peach and is a real crowd pleaser.
50g dark chocolate
40g Amaretti biscuits (4/5)
1. Rinse and dry the peaches. Cut them in half and remove the pit.
2. Using a sharp knife remove some of the pulp and place into a bowl. Set aside the peaches.
3. Smash the pulp using a fork. Cut the chocolate into tiny dices and mix with the pulp.
4. Using your hands crumble the biscuits into the bowl with the pulp and chocolate and mix well.
5. Butter a baking tray and place the peaches on it. Fill each hole with the mixture spreading it out equally.
6. Bake in the oven for 40/50 minutes at 180 degrees.
Serving tip; vanilla ice cream pairs amazingly!
Original recipe from: Giallo Zafferano