The idea behind cooking this recipe stemmed from a tiny skillet I received as a Christmas gift. Since being gifted it I racked my brain for ideas on how to use it and finally stumbled upon this recipe by Martha Stewart. Simple and quick to make, it's the perfect guilty pleasure dessert (or Sunday breakfast).
Makes two cookies in a small skillet
Things you'll need
A cast iron skillet
3 tablespoons butter room temperature
2 tablespoons of cane sugar (brown)
¼ cup of granulated sugar (white)
a drop of vanilla extract
½ cup plain flour
¼ of a teaspoon of baking soda
pinch of salt
½ cup of chocolate chip/ roughly chopped chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2.In a bowl, combine the butter and two sugars and mix well using a spoon.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract and combine.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Mix well.
5. Place the dough in the skillet, add some remaining chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 20 minutes to achieve a cooked buy gooey biscuit and 24 minutes for a slightly crunchier one.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart's "skillet chocolate chip cookie"