An ancient family traditions that dates back 20 years, and one of the five dishes in my dad's culinary repertoire (along with risotto, carbonara, penne all vodka and fried eggs). We hope this dish can brighten your quarantine weekend.
3 pieces of bread (he uses the pre-sliced one)
2 tablespoons of milk
knob of butter
1 tablespoon of Cuban Rum (optional)
1. Place the milk, rum and eggs in a bowl, whisk well using a fork.
2. Drop the slices of bread into the mix, one at the time, and coat them well.
3. Melt the butter in a pan, when it starts to foam place all 3 slices of bread in it.
4. Pour the remaining egg mix onto the bread.
5. After a few minutes, flip the bread. When both sides form a little crust, you know the french toast is ready.
6. Place each slice into a dish, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and scatter the brown sugar.