This recipe for breakfast oats is my go to breakfast. I literally eat these every single morning from the month of November till April. I often add or remove a few ingredients, such as almond or peanut butter, but the core recipe always stays the same.
1 cup oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons mixed seeds
2 tablespoons dried fruit and nut mix
optional additional toppings:
1. Place the oats in a bowl. Fill the kettle with water and let it boil. If you don't have a kettle, bring a small pot of water to boil.
2. Once the water has boiled, pour it into the bowl, stop when the oats have been covered. Cover the bowl with a lid and let it sit for 4 minutes.
3. Remove the lid and sprinkle the cinnamon, mixing well.
4. Add the seeds, dried fruits and nuts. Mix well.
5. Cut the banana and add it on top.
If you want to add either of the butters or honey/tahini, do so at the beginning so they mix well.