Today I thought I'd share one of the staple recipes from my childhood. This mousse is super easy to make, freezes great and can be eaten with anything: carrots, celery sticks, bread, grissini and so on. If you're not a fan of raw eggs this dish isn't for you.
5 slices of pre-sliced bread
½ a cup of milk
250g canned tuna
2 egg yolks
1. Remove the crusts from the pre-sliced bread and place the bread in a bowl with the milk. Turn the bread a couple of times, to ensure that it has absorbed as much milk as possible. Squeeze as much milk as you can out of each slice and place them in a bowl.
2. Drain the oil from the canned tuna and place it in the bowl with the bread.
3. Add the two egg yolks and butter, which you've cut into chunks.
4. Blend everything together until you've achieved a smooth paste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Place in a bowl and in the fridge, eat after a couple of hours.
P.S. you can also eat it straight away, but it tastes better once it has rested in the fridge for a bit.