My quest for making an amazing Focaccia topped with yummy things began when I visited the very popular food shop “Eataly” in Milan. As I was walking by the bread counter I saw three amazing focaccias topped with courgette flowers, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, stracchino, gorgonzola and so on. I cheated slightly in making mine as I did not make the focaccia base myself but bought it instead.
Serves 6 people as an appetiser
What you'll need
1 baking tray
1 focaccia/pizza pastry base
200g mozzarella / stracchino
20g rocket salad
8 fresh cherry tomatoes
½ a courgette
1. Roll out the base and place in the oven and cook according to packet instructions.
2. In the meantime, dice the courgette and cook in a pan with some olive oil.
3. When the base is ready, remove from the oven.
4. Start placing the various items on it, starting from the cheese. Followed by the tomatoes, courgette and rocket salad.
5. Top with olive oil, salt, pepper and dollops of pesto.
6. Place back in the still warm oven for a minute or two and then serve hot.