The second very best Christmas lunch appetisers from my family to yours. Simple to make but delicious! The better-quality ingredients you have the better they’ll taste.
For the Taleggio Bites
250g Taleggio Cheese
10 slices of cured Pancetta
For the Yorkshire Puddings
140g plain flour
For the Mini Caponate
look at the recipe for caponata and half the doses
For the Pinzimonio
3 carrots, peeled
2 red peppers
salt and pepper
1. Wash and chop the carrots and pepper into 1 cm thick slices. Place on a plate. Pour olive oil, salt and pepper into a small bowl and place it by the veggies.
2. Heat the oven to 210 degrees. Pour a little sunflower oil into a cupcake baking tray. Place in the oven and let them heat (about 5/7 minutes). In the meantime, place the flour in a bowl and beat in the eggs till smooth. Gradually add the milk and beat until the mixture is lump free. Pour the butter into a jar and remove the cupcake tray from the oven. Carefully (the oil might spit) pour the mixture into the holes evenly. Place back in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the puddings resemble the picture.
3. Follow the recipe for the Caponata, place into small bowls (or glasses) and serve with a small spoon.
4. Slice the Taleggio cheese into chunks 1cm thick. Place the pancetta slices in a non-stick pan, without adding anything. Let them crisp and brown till you desire. Remove them from the pan and dab them with some kitchen roll, then immediately wrap them around the cheese.
5. Assemble everything and eat!
Yorkshire pudding recipe source here.