Flatbreads are a great alternative to pasta, or any main dish. The great thing about them is that you can top them with almost anything, even sweet things! This combination is for the cheese lovers, but can also be made cheese-less by not putting the Stilton.
For the topping
1 ripe pear
4 slices of prosciutto crudo
½ a cup of walnuts
1 small red onion
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 cup of baby spinach leaves
20g of Stilton or blue cheese
for the flatbread
½ cup flour
1. To make the flatbread, click here. Alternatively, you can use a store-bought flatbread or tortilla.
2. Chop the onion into rings. Heat some olive oil in a small pan and add the onion. After 2 minutes add 1 tablespoon of granulated or dark sugar and enough water to cover the base of the pan. Cook until the water absorbs itself.
3. Place the flatbread onto a pan on high heat. Heat one side and flip.
4. Lower the heat and start adding the ingredients. Start with the spinach, spreading it evenly over the bread. Then add the caramelised onion. Break the stilton or blue cheese into small chunks and sprinkle it over.
5. Twirl each slice of prosciutto around a fork and place onto the flatbread, like shown in the picture. Roughly chop the walnuts and add them too.
6.Turn off the heat, peel the pear, cut it into quarters length wise and place it onto the flatbread. Sprinkle all with pepper.