I’m going to take a brief moment and feel proud of this beautiful Pinterest-like lunch platter I made this summer. Okay, moment is over. I decided to make it because I LOVE bruschette and anything on toast. My reasoning behind it was that it would be great to have your whole lunch on the same cutting board, with a mixture of flavours and ingredients. I made my way to ‘Coop’ supermarket which has an excellent selection of fresh produce and bought the most delicious and creamy ‘burrata’ cheese of my life.
1 bunch of cherry tomatoes
1 bunch of fresh basil
½ an aubergine
200g burrata cheese
4 slices prosciutto crudo
3 ripe figs
20g plain yoghurt
3 teaspoons of honey
1 clove of garlic
5 slices of large whole wheat bread
1. Wash the aubergine and cut it into thin 5mm slices. Place a grill over high heat and the aubergine slices on top of that. Cook till both sides are roasted and soft (yet crunchy).
2. Dice the cherry tomatoes, place in a bowl and season with pepper, salt and olive oil.
3. Slice the bread and toast it for 3 minutes.
4. You can now start assembling the platter. For the first, traditional bruschetta rub the garlic on one side of the bread. Add almost all the tomatoes, a few chopped-up basil leaves and a whole one for presentation.
5. For the second bruschetta place the grilled slices of aubergine, chunks of burrata and few remaining diced tomatoes. Coat the toast with olive oil and add basil.
6. For the third one place the four slices of prosciutto on the bread and top with the sliced figs.
7. Finally, for the ‘dessert’ bruschetta top it with yoghurt, the sliced figs and finally the honey.
8. Cut into small pieces the remaining slice of bread and if you have any left-over ingredients, place them in little bowls on the platter.
Enjoy! And don't forget to send me pictures if you ever make this yourself!