One of the many reasons why I love summer so much is zucchini flowers. These delicate, edible flours can be cooked and eaten in so many ways they never get boring. This version is one of the lighter ones, perfect as an appetiser or for an aperitivo.
What you'll need
Oven dish / baking tray
9 zucchini flowers
200g caprino cheese (soft goat cheese)
mixed herbs (chives, rosemary, marjoram, oregano)
salt and pepper
1. Clean the flowers thoroughly, leaving them to dry on a clean tea towel.
2. Place the goats cheese, herbs, parmesan and egg in a bowl. Using a fork, squish the ingredients together and mix well.
3. Taste the mix and add salt and pepper if needed.
4. Using your hands, open the flowers and gently push in the mix. Add mix to almost completely fill the flowers.
5. Place on an oven tray and roast at 160 degrees for 10/15 minutes.