This simple recipe is basically a collection of all my favorite ingredients in one, healthy, dish. I also love the mixture of textures—the crunchy courgettes, soft tomatoes and melt-in-your-mouth mozzarella di bufala.
10 cherry tomatoes
150g of mozzarella di bufala (or as much as you want!)
1 tablespoon of sugar
1. Wash all the veggies.
2. Slice the courgette as thinly as you can, using a sharp knife. Place the slices in a bowl.
3. Squeeze the lemon into the bowl with he courgettes and sprinkle some salt. Mix well and leave it to rest (for as much as you want) I usually leave them for a couple of hours.
4. Slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise and place them in a pan with heated olive oil.
5. Sautée them for a few minutes and sprinkle the sugar over them. Let the tomatoes sit with he sugar for one or two minutes and then mix them.
6. Fill a glass with 2 cm of water and pour it into the pan. Cook the tomatoes until the water has evaporated completely and until they look caramelised.
7. Slice the mozzarella di bufala in 2 cm thick slices and place on a dish. Remove the liquid that has formed in the courgette bowl and place them around the mozzarella. Top it all with the tomatoes and a sprinkle of pepper.